Precision Farming Asia, backed by Proterra Investment Partners, is a Singapore headquartered global AgTech platform. Proterra Investment Partners is a leading global Private Equity Fund (~US$4.0 billion in committed capital) with specialist insights in food & agriculture. Precision Farming Asia is the lead investor in “Simply Fresh”, which has commissioned India’s largest precision farming site the “Plant Factory”.
Simply Fresh is a one-stop leader which is spread across ~140 acres (near Hyderabad). providing healthy, fresh, and high-quality agricultural produce for direct consumption and nutraceutical usage. The Company is a technology-driven, precision farming company that uses innovation and recognized global farming techniques to facilitate sustainable agriculture with fresh produce. Simply Fresh prides in using AI with insights into plant biology to develop better farming practices that do not exhaust the natural resources and maintain the nutritional value of the produce.
Simply Fresh produce ranges in nutraceutical plants, herbs, leafy greens, microgreens, and vine crops. The company’s produce is grown at its greenhouses in Hyderabad which are equipped with the latest growing systems. The greenhouses support some of the most effective growing techniques- benches, gutters, and pots which are further supported by AI-driven fertigation and irrigation systems. by strong institutional investors a) a leading global food & agriculture focused PE fund with AUM of ~$3.7 billion, b) Promoter of a leading listed South India dairy processor, and c) Serial Entrepreneur & Investor who has extensive global experience and a successful track record in building high growth enterprises and start-ups.
The position is a senior role, and as such has some important duties and responsibilities to fulfill, with both short and long-term goals to achieve. Candidate to be expertise in Strategic Planning and Management, Team Management, Selling, and negotiations, Business Development, Channel Management, and client relationship management. Responsible for sales volumes and value in the assigned region. This role will be required to solve complex business problems that influence availability, reliability, performance, and other key differentiators. This role possesses basic leadership skills, technical expertise, and aptitude.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales targets.
- Creating a successful culture of ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Manage the sales teams, operations, and resources to deliver profitable growth.
- Optimum allocation and use of assigned budgets.
- Hire, build, evaluate and develop a sales team.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Has a deep understanding of F & V sales system.
- Introduce efficient cost-effective processes with forward and backward integration.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Involvement in knowing the customer expectations and contribution towards customer satisfaction.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions.
- Close association with marketing function to plan and establish channel partners.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Operations: Introduce efficient cost-effective processes with forward and backward integration.
- Explore and build new business opportunities.
- Long term horizon 10 + years – Plan for the whole Business Model and P & L account.
- Work with other members of the leadership team to ensure smooth execution of Business plans
- Propose growth strategies and plans and present to Leadership Team
- Develop new products with backward and forward linkages and a clear revenue/cost model.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Act as an advisor to the Leadership regarding Business Expansion and Efficiency
- A star performer and superbly driven personality with a passion for the Food / Agri industry.
- A leader who knows the importance of people has excellent communication skills and conflict management abilities.
- 12-18 years of total work experience in sales in FMCG / F&V
- Thorough knowledge about the Modern Trade; Food retail sector, E-Commerce
- Should have a minimum of 3 Indian geographical work Area experience, and “Must having south India experience work experience.
- Good analytical skills, a grounded approach, and communication/presentation skills.
- Should be open to travel both domestic and International
If you are interested in the above position please send your resume to email@example.com
Don’t upload your resume on the below form