Precision Farming Asia, backed by Proterra Investment Partners, is a Singapore headquartered global AgTech platform. Proterra Investment Partners is a leading global Private Equity Fund (~US$4.0 billion in committed capital) with specialist insights in food & agriculture. Precision Farming Asia is the lead investor in “Simply Fresh”, which has commissioned India’s largest precision farming site the “Plant Factory”.
Simply Fresh is a one-stop leader which is spread across ~140 acres (near Hyderabad). providing healthy, fresh, and high-quality agricultural produce for direct consumption and nutraceutical usage. The Company is a technology-driven, precision farming company that uses innovation and recognized global farming techniques to facilitate sustainable agriculture with fresh produce. Simply Fresh prides in using AI with insights into plant biology to develop better farming practices that do not exhaust the natural resources and maintain the nutritional value of the produce.
Simply Fresh produce ranges in nutraceutical plants, herbs, leafy greens, microgreens, and vine crops. The company’s produce is grown at its greenhouses in Hyderabad which are equipped with the latest growing systems. The greenhouses support some of the most effective growing techniques- benches, gutters, and pots which are further supported by AI-driven fertigation and irrigation systems. by strong institutional investors a) a leading global food & agriculture focused PE fund with AUM of ~$3.7 billion, b) Promoter of a leading listed South India dairy processor, and c) Serial Entrepreneur & Investor who has extensive global experience and a successful track record in building high growth enterprises and start-ups.
We are looking for a passionate Business Analyst with experience in helping company implement technology solution by precisely determining the requirements of project and communicate them clearly to the stake holders. This role will be required to solve complex business problems that influence availability, reliability, performance, and other key differentiators.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the Hydroponics business process from basics, starting from the seeding to sales and strategizing things accordingly.
- Need to coordinate with the ground-level agronomy team, make sure the scientifical and research data is collected from all the departments and entered by you accurately in the Largest Hydroponics ERP.
- On a day-to-day basis collect and analyze the ground-level data to identify and fill the gaps as where ever necessary.
- Making sure the objectives and goals help to groom the ERP requirements by capturing the backlogs from the ground-level team and working towards the vision of the company.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems, and writing improved procedures.
- Analyze the structure of a business, how it uses technology and what its goals are
- Identify problems within a business, including through using data modelling techniques
- Communicate with senior people in organisations to find out what they hope to achieve
- Persuade internal and external stakeholders of the benefits of new technology or strategies
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Create informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Access. Microsoft Project and/or SQL experience strongly preferred.
- Software maintenance & process improvement.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
If you are interested in the above position please send your resume to email@example.com
Don’t upload your resume on the below form