Precision Farming Asia, backed by Proterra Investment Partners, is a Singapore headquartered global AgTech platform. Proterra Investment Partners is a leading global Private Equity Fund (~US$4.0 billion in committed capital) with specialist insights in food & agriculture. Precision Farming Asia is the lead investor in “Simply Fresh”, which has commissioned India’s largest precision farming site the “Plant Factory”.
Simply Fresh is a one-stop leader which is spread across ~140 acres (near Hyderabad). providing healthy, fresh, and high-quality agricultural produce for direct consumption and nutraceutical usage. The Company is a technology-driven, precision farming company that uses innovation and recognized global farming techniques to facilitate sustainable agriculture with fresh produce. Simply Fresh prides in using AI with insights into plant biology to develop better farming practices that do not exhaust the natural resources and maintain the nutritional value of the produce.
Simply Fresh produce ranges in nutraceutical plants, herbs, leafy greens, microgreens, and vine crops. The company’s produce is grown at its greenhouses in Hyderabad which are equipped with the latest growing systems. The greenhouses support some of the most effective growing techniques- benches, gutters, and pots which are further supported by AI-driven fertigation and irrigation systems. by strong institutional investors a) a leading global food & agriculture focused PE fund with AUM of ~$3.7 billion, b) Promoter of a leading listed South India dairy processor, and c) Serial Entrepreneur & Investor who has extensive global experience and a successful track record in building high growth enterprises and start-ups.
We are looking for a passionate person with experience in managing Quality control, food Safety, Audits, Lab Analysis, Import or export product certifications. This role will be required to solve complex business problems that influence availability, reliability, performance, and other key differentiators. This role involves to manage and establish the desired quality standard acceptable by the customer, and to determine the extent of quality deviation from harvesting to packing process.
Roles & Responsibilities
Quality Control on Production & Lab
- Provide guidance, supervision, and vision to support quality and food safety programs, ensuring continuity of business according to the customer and regulatory expectations.
- Supervise Quality Control technicians and executives.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Verify documents related to QA
- Allot responsibility to QA executives and verify upon completion
- Raw material and Finished good approval as per quality specification
- Lab reports verification with requirements
- Reject material / allot rework if product doesn’t meet the requirement.
- Approval for hygienic personal wear procurement (safety wears)
- Coordination with production dept for Container planning with respect to reports from laboratories.
- ETO verification and Validation
- Confirming quality as per invoice requirement. Verification of quality related documents in production department such as metal detector calibration & validation records
- Procuring consumables and other utilities required for lab analysis
- Allergen analysis / cross verification if required
- Coordination with external laboratory if required / technical clearance Food Safety:
- Introduce, monitor, and update quality and food safety programs to meet company and regulatory objectives.
- Monitoring and training with regards to quality and food safety.
- Establish manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality and food safety.
- Identify critical control points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points as per food safety requirement.
- Upgrade system as per BRC and ISO, Kosher, Halal, EIA, APEDA & FSSAI requirements
- Plan and perform annual mock recalls. Follow-up and resolve any resulting issues.
- Oversee finished product microbiological program and environmental program including issue investigation and follow-up.
- Coordination with marketing dept if any customer queries/questionnaire/customer complaint received.
- Quality approval of product if required before stuffing / during production.
- Coordination with documents dept if any customer requires any clarification related to quality of consignment.
- Issue clearance if any discrepancy observed in lab reports received by documents dept.
- Final claim settlement intimation to Documents dept
Logistics, Exports Import:
- Intimate import dept if any deviation observed in import container and report making of the same for claim or supplier information.
- Communicate if any recall of container occurs or if technical clarification required.
Audit & Training:
- Training of labors and food handlers, go down staff with respect to food safety
- Handle audits related to quality, Food safety ISO 9001:2008, ISO 22000:2005, BRC, FSSAI, EIA
- Closing Nonconformance if identified during audit
- Corrective action and preventive action planning along with the team.
- Maintain audit reports and update the same as per requirement.
- 7 to 10 years experience in a handling Quality Control for a Food technology Company.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)- (Excel is a benefit)
- Experience in identifying, defining, sizing, and prioritizing work streams and items
- Experience in planning, managing scope and timelines realistically
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to lead across multiple teams without authority
- Excellent communication skills across a massively diverse audience
- Comfortable with complexity and ability to operate and thrive with ambiguity and partial information
If you are interested in the above position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t upload your resume on the below form